Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Mustache

I am doing some editing on a short play I wrote 18 months ago called *The Mustache* which is about one of the hometown heroes, who moves to nyc, and then comes home for a long weekend sporting a mustache. He thinks it's cool cos he sees hipsters in the East Village bars wearing them and his friends think he's an ass, trying to be cool. There's also a love triangle involved.

We are having a rehearsal in a few weeks. I hope it reads as well I think it can. I am trying to do this new thing where I thread into a short script a plot of a real popular movie, so that it becomes a play that literally plays out the "life imitates art" concept. I am so affected by pop culture especially as a kid, that it makes perfect sense that my writing reflect that, almost becoming unreal, or a halfway zone between reality and pop culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment